We are still here. Usage is picking up. The three-month period of January-March 2015 saw an average of 118,251 page visits per month, not counting those of our catmin and his other accounts.
There are currently 57 members classified as active, to go along with seven who are blocked and suspected of being spammers. Twelve of the active kitties have been active in the past week.
If you have tried unsuccessfully to log in, you have a few options.
- If you can't remember your username, you may login with your email address. If you can't remember what email you used, you may login with your username.
- If you can't remember your password, either when logging in or when attempting to change your password while logged in, click on Request New Password. This is located by the login fields in the upper right hand corner of the page if you are not logged in, or by the field for the current password if you are logged in. You will be emailed a link that will only be valid for 24 hours or one login, whichever comes first.
- You may also use the Contact Us page, with a category selection of Login Trouble, to request a more permanent temporary password if you might not be back within 24 hours. This password will not expire; on the other hand, the catmins will know your password until you change it. Please remember to change that password once you login from the My account » Edit page.
- If you thought you had a login, and it turns out you did not, we can create an account if you give me the basic information via email.
- If you receive a message like Sorry, 198.51.100.3 has been banned. email me, or contact me through faceybk / twitter / G+ with that information and I can lift your block if you have an account already. There was probably some activity that looked suspicious coming from there, which might include repeated failed logins for a nonexistent login or trying to access forbidden pages. Unblocking is almost as easy as blocking as long as you have the number to unblock.
Events that have been widely reported and discussed on other social networks, such as the veterinarian in Texas, have led to some minor changes in the Terms and Conditions. Prohibited content now includes threats against non-members (including comparing dogs to humans) and publishing personal information about non-members.
Among the upcoming plans I have for the site:
- Promotional video
- Mobile friendly version Google has updated search rankings for sites that are or are not mobile-friendly
- Crowd-funding campaign
- Cat-friendly advertising products for cats and catlovers, stores and websites that sell these
We hope to see you back here again soon.